I grew up in Astoria, Oregon, known to some as land of The Goonies. For college, I escaped to New York and graduated from Sarah Lawrence College in 1996 with a Bachelor’s of Liberal Arts with focuses on cultural anthropology and foreign languages.
- Over two decades of full-time professional experience as a certified translator from Italian to English.
- Certified since 2001 by the American Translators Association specifically to translate from Italian to English.
- I also speak — but do not translate — Dutch (rusty but once fluentish), French (pretty decent), and Spanish (downright abominable). I organize language exchange events in Florence so I can brag about being multilingual (and work on improving my languages).
- Studied in Florence in 1994 at the Sarah Lawrence program and the University of Florence.
- Based in Florence, I keep one foot still in the U.S., spending long stretches there, keeping my native tongue fresh.